The Outdoor Swimming Company
The Mill House,
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By signing up to, entering or volunteering at one of our events or activities you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is
Trading as The Outdoor Swimming Company,
The Mill House,
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in social media functions, register to enter an event, volunteer to marshal at an event, sign up for or register to take part in any activities organised by The Outdoor Swimming Company.
Use of Data
The Participant agrees and consents to The Outdoor Swimming Company, using his/her personal details provided in his/her Online Registration Form or otherwise and for the following purposes:
If you provide personal data for a certain reason, we may use the personal data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came,
Certain information such as your gender, club membership etc. may be published on our website when posting event results and by entering an event through our site you consent to such publication.
(1)The Outdoor Swimming Company. requires a record of each Participant’s registration details including medical information and third party emergency contact details for internal administration purposes in order to properly conduct and to safely administer our events and activities.
(3) The Outdoor Swimming Company, will also keep records of any medical information provided. It will be kept confidential and may be shared only with medical personnel or teams allocated to our events. Such information shall be deleted within a reasonable time following the completion of the event or activity.
(4) Data will be used for publication of the official start lists, registers and results of our events and activities. These may be available online, on social media and distributed to participants via email. For the avoidance of doubt, the following participant information shall be published within event start lists and results:
Name, Age, Age Category, Gender and Club (if applicable).
(1) The Outdoor Swimming Company, will use the participant’s contact data submitted on the online registration form or otherwise to send the participant information by e-mail and/or SMS relating to the event, other events and any further categories of news and promotional information as the participant may have requested on the online registration form.
(2) The participant acknowledges and agrees that The Outdoor Swimming Company, may send an email or SMS notification following the event inviting the participant to submit or renew his/her registration for any future events.
(3) The participant accepts that if he/she ticks a charity box at point of entry, their details will be passed onto said charity who will be able to contact him/her in the future
All participant data will be managed and stored securely in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing use unless you indicate that you agree to this.
We will only use the data you provide for the purpose it was provided.
We will only pass on information to relevant third parties eg if you disclose that you have a medical condition this information may be passed to the first aid providers at our events.
Your data may only be accessed by key personnel involved in the running of our events.
Access to information
You have a right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Please submit a Subject Access Request and we will address your query within one month.
Contact questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to Caroline Saxon,
Trading as The Outdoor Swimming Company, The Mill House, Court Farm, Church Lane, Norton, Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom, WR5 2PS or made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org